It is normal to feel anxious, unsettled, distracted, scared and/or overwhelmed by COVID-19. We don’t know where it may spread. However, some people may be more vulnerable if they already have a health or generalized anxiety disorder. In either case, feeling stressed can affect your immune system and increase the risk of getting ill in general. That is why it is important to take steps to manage your anxiety and how you react to the situation, so you can keep yourself as safe as possible.
If you or an eligible dependent are having difficulty coping with stress and anxiety or staying emotionally well, help is available. Call EAP at 866-327-4762. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year long. Contact us to speak with a clinical professional. All services are free and confidential.
The webinars and tip sheets below may be helpful.
- 5 Ways to support a loved one during COVID-19
- 7 tips for working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 tips to strengthen your mental health during the pandemic
- 10 pandemic coping tips for adults
- Coping with isolation during COVID-19
- Financial resilience during the pandemic
- Financial and legal resources during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Holiday planning during COVID-19
- How to comfort and support others during the pandemic
- How to help staff members in distress during an infectious outbreak (Tips for Managers)
- How to manage anxiety and how you react to the situation (Tips for Members)
- How to prepare for end-of-life care and cope with loss during COVID-19
- How to stay connected and keep seniors safe during COVID-19
- Leaders and Managers: Returning to Work after Quarantine (Tips for Managers)
- Resources for victims of domestic violence and child abuse during COVID-19
- Return to school during the pandemic
- Returning to work as COVID-19 continues
- School is canceled. Now what?
- Tips for Transitioning Back to the Workplace
Recorded webinars and trainings
- How to Build Resilience and Adaptive Skills During the Pandemic
- How to Stay Connected and Keep Seniors Safe During COVID-19
- Managing Anxiety and Worry During Uncertain Times
- Strategies to Navigate Stress and Build Resilience during COVID-19
- The Loss of Normalcy: Coping with Grief and Uncertainty During COVID-19
- Building a Portfolio to Match Your Retirement Date
- Choosing Investments After Assessing Your Goals and Risk Tolerance
- Controlling Spending
- Creating Your Retirement Paycheck
- Financial Best Practices in Uncertain Times
- Financial Impacts of COVID-19
- How Family Dynamics Influence Investment Goals
- Investor Education – April Series: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- Maintaining Excellent Credit
- Managing Debt
- Prioritizing Savings
To access the apps, click on the Home tab in the upper left corner to the homepage. Then, scroll down to the “Your Apps” section to get started.
For more information and tips, visit the Magellan Healthcare COVID-19 response page: www.MagellanHealthcare.com/COVID-19.