Meet with a therapist virtually through BetterHelp
Mental health affects every aspect of our lives. In the workplace, where stress and deadlines can take a toll, it’s especially important to pay attention to your well-being. When you're dealing with depression, stress, anxiety, substance misuse, relationship conflicts, or any challenging life issue, talking with a licensed therapist can help.
BetterHelp is the largest online counseling service providing an alternative form of traditional, in-person counseling. BetterHelp enables you to meet with a counselor by text message, phone, chat or video conference. Therapists are licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists (PhD / PsyD), marriage and family therapists (LMFT), clinical social workers (LCSW / LMSW), and board licensed professional counselors (LPC).
- Engage with a licensed therapist within 24 hours of completing the questionnaire.
- Get matched to a therapist based on your unique needs.
- Develop a one-on-one relationship with the same therapist throughout your engagement.
- Access up to six confidential virtual therapy sessions per fiscal year, at no cost to you.
How to find care
- Go to BetterHelp.com/Magellan and click on "Get Started." Enter your first name, last name, email address and
company name, then click “Submit.”
- Once you click “Submit,” you will be asked to complete a questionnaire. BetterHelp will match you with a therapist based on your preferences and needs. You can start communicating with your therapist by the modality of your choice, typically within 24 hours.
- Call EAP at 866-327-4762. A Customer Experience Associate will ask you questions to understand your unique situation and, if appropriate, refer you to BetterHelp.
- Once you are referred to BetterHelp you will receive an email with the subject line, “Here is your online counseling invite from Magellan Healthcare.” Within the email, click the hyperlinked text that reads “CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED.”
- When you click the link, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire. BetterHelp will match you to a therapist based on your preferences and needs. You can start communicating with your therapist by the modality of your choice, typically within 24 hours.
Note: You must register for an account before downloading the BetterHelp mobile app.
Get started today!